Cookbook author Erika Schlick made Oven Baked Yuca Truffle Fries. Find more healthy and gluten-free recipes in Erika's cookbook The Wandering Palate and on her website https://thetrailtohealth.com. Follow Erika on her blog on the website and @thetrailtohealth on Instagram.
OVEN BAKED YUCA TRUFFLE FRIES
These healthy baked yuca fries are bursting with flavor! After baking, the yuca (or cassava) fries are tossed in fresh parsley, parmesan cheese, and truffle oil. You want to boil your yuca fries first to help soften them a bit before baking them in the oven. Cassava, or yuca, can be toxic if eaten raw, so it’s important to boil it first to remove any cyanide present in the plant.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Time: 55-65 minutes
1 pound yuca, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
Drizzle of olive oil (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons parmesan (optional)
3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
1-2 tablespoons of high quality truffle oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F
2. Peel and cut the yuca into 1/2-inch wedges (French fry shape and size).
3. In a large saucepan over medium- high heat, fill pot 3/4 of the way full with water. Add olive oil and sea salt and boil for 10-15 minutes until edges of fries start to fray a bit. Note: Cassava cannot be eaten raw and needs to boiled first to remove any cyanide present in the plant.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes and flip over halfway through.
7. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before placing in a large bowl.
8. Sprinkle parsley, sea salt and parmesan if using and toss fries in the mixture.
9. Next add 1-2 tablespoons of truffle oil and toss.
10. Serve with favorite dipping sauce like Primal Kitchen Ketchup (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)