• 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup white wine (may substitute chicken broth)
• 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
• 2 cups chopped chicken breast, cooked
• 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until it is softened.
3. Add the garlic and flour to the onion and stir for 1 minute.
4. Pour in the wine in the skillet and then stir in the chicken broth. Cook this mixture for 8-10 minutes until it has thickened.
5. Once the mixture thickens; add in the spinach, chicken, and quinoa. Once everything is mixed thoroughly, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese. Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake it for 25 minutes.
6. Stir together the panko and the remaining teaspoons of oil and set aside.
7. After 25 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and gently stir it. Smooth out the top with a spatula, and sprinkle it with the panko and oil mixture.
8. Bake for another 10 minutes. Allow the casserole to cool slightly and serve.