3 -4medium ears of corn
1large egg, beaten
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons cornmeal
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 large onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Cut kernels from corn until you get 1 cup.
2. Grate 1-2 ears of corn on box grater, then scrape pulp --1/2 cup.
3. Put in a bowl with cut kernels, mix egg, flour, cornmeal, cream, onion, salt and cayenne into corn mixture to form thick batter.
4. May refrigerate up to 4 hours.
5. Heat oil in large skillet -- drop heaping tablespoon full into oil.
6. Fry till golden.about 50 seconds, flip and fry the second side.