Al Anderson from Big Al's Deli made Big Al’s Summer Salad. Big Al's Deli is located at 1828 4th Ave North, Nashville, TN 37208. For more information call (615) 242-8118.
BIG AL'S SUMMER SALAD
1) 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti, halved or 4 cups of cold rice
2) 1 pack of grape tomatoes, halved
3) 1 small zucchini, diced
4) 1 small yellow squash, diced
5) 1 medium red, yellow and orange bell pepper, diced
6) 1 medium red onion, diced
7) 2 ounces minced garlic
8) 2 ounces chopped cilantro
9) 2 ounces chopped Italian parsley
10) 1/4 teaspoon cumin
11) 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
12) 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian dressing
13) 2 ounces orange juice
14) 1 ounce sriracha sauce
15) salt and pepper to taste
1) cook spaghetti and rice according to package directions; drain spaghetti and rinse in cold water. Cool rice off in the refrigerator until cold.
2) Place rice or spaghetti in a large bowl.
3) Combine remaining ingredients, pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
A Big Al's recipe.
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…