Chef Jeremy Murray from Gaylord Opryland Resort made Elves on Reindeer (see recipe below) The Gaylord Opryland A Country Christmas holiday dinner show featuring Grammy award winning country superstar Trace Adkins runs through Tuesday, December 25th. For more information go to www.ChristmasAtGaylordOpryland.com or call (888) 677-9872.
Elves on Reindeer
1 lb. Chorizo Sausage
1 lb. Goat Cheese
6 – 8 ea. Slices Raw Smoked Bacon
12 - 16 ea. Medjool Dates
1. Cook the chorizo sausage on the stove, it will crumble as it cooks.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
3. While sausage is cooling, divide dates in half and remove the pits.
4. Cut bacon strips in half.
5. Once the sausage has cooled properly add the goat cheese to it and mix well.
6. Place 1/2 ounce of the sausage mixture into a date half and wrap it with a piece of bacon.
7. Place on a tray and bake in a 375F oven for 15-20 minutes, checking on them periodically until the bacon is cooked.
8. Serve as desired with a wooden skewer in each piece.