Chef Jeremy Murray from Gaylord Opryland Resort made Elves on Reindeer (see recipe below) The Gaylord Opryland A Country Christmas holiday dinner show featuring Grammy award winning country superstar Trace Adkins runs through Tuesday, December 25th. For more information go to www.ChristmasAtGaylordOpryland.com or call (888) 677-9872.
Elves on Reindeer
1 lb. Chorizo Sausage
1 lb. Goat Cheese
6 – 8 ea. Slices Raw Smoked Bacon
12 - 16 ea. Medjool Dates
1. Cook the chorizo sausage on the stove, it will crumble as it cooks.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
3. While sausage is cooling, divide dates in half and remove the pits.
4. Cut bacon strips in half.
5. Once the sausage has cooled properly add the goat cheese to it and mix well.
6. Place 1/2 ounce of the sausage mixture into a date half and wrap it with a piece of bacon.
7. Place on a tray and bake in a 375F oven for 15-20 minutes, checking on them periodically until the bacon is cooked.
8. Serve as desired with a wooden skewer in each piece.
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…