Shannon Brown from Our Table Catering made a Pecan Pie Cheesecake. To learn more about Shannon’s catering services visit www.ourtablecatering.com, call (615) 584-3048 or follow her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ourtablecatering.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Courtesy of Shannon Brown, Owner
(Makes 8-12 servings/slices)
For The Shortbread Layer –
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
For The Cheesecake Layer –
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
For The Pecan Pie Layer –
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Shortbread Layer – In a medium bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press mixture evenly into bottom of a greased 9” round spring form pan. (A greased 9x13” baking pan can also be used.) Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven, and cool slightly.
3. Cheesecake Layer – Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in sugar. Add milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla, and beat until combined. Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled shortbread layer. Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven and cool for about 30 minutes.
4. Turn down the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
5. Pecan Pie Layer – In a medium bowl, combine the other 3/4 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter. Gently stir in the eggs, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in 1 1/2 cups pecans. Pour pecan mixture over cooled cheesecake layer. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the center is set and the pecan pie layer is a rich brown color. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the counter for about 30 minutes, then refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…