BRETT BATSEL / CHUY'S
GREEN CHILE GROUND BEEF:
1 lb Ground Beef, precooked with seasoning
1 lb Green Chiles, roasted, seeded and chopped
1 Medium yellow onion, diced
1 Large green bell pepper, diced
1 tsp Garlic salt
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Chile powder
FRITO PIE ENCHILADAS:
16 Corn tortillas
5 cup Red chile sauce
2 cups Mixed cheese, shredded
2 cups Green chile ground beef
2 cups chili
3/4 cup Frito chips
1/2 cup Red onion, chopped
2 cups Chile con queso
2 cups Green chiles, fresh diced
GREEN CHILE GROUND BEEF INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat sauté pan, medium to medium-hot heat.
2. Add ground beef, cooking for 10 minutes.
3. When cooked, drain beef of grease.
4. Add onions, bell peppers and spices to the beef. Let cook for 2 minutes.
5. Once veggies are softened remove ground beef mixture from the pan (set
aside, keeping warm) and leave the remaining fat and juices in the pan.
6. Add green chiles directly into excess fat and sauté for 2 minutes until warm.
7. Add cooked ground beef back in, mixing well. Sauté for additional 2
8. When fully cooked set aside to cool slightly before adding to enchiladas.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread 1 tbsp of red chile sauce on each tortilla.
3. Add 1 tbsp of mixed cheese to each tortilla.
4. Add 1/4 cup of green chile ground beef to each tortilla.
5. Roll each tortilla and place upside down in the baking dish, slightly touching
each other, until full.
6. Ladle remaining red chile sauce over enchiladas and chile con carne on top
of each enchilada.
7. Sprinkle Frito chips over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
8. Add chopped red onions over top, spreading evening.
9. Bake for 10 minutes.
10.Remove from oven, let cool.
11.Top with chile con queso and fresh diced green chiles.