TASIA MALAKASIS " Southern Made Fresh "
Hands-on: 20 min.
Total: 20 min.
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
⅓ cup plus 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise, divided
3 Tbsp. chopped green onions (about 1 green onion)
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. table salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1 large egg
1½ cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
¼ cup peanut oil
⅓ cup mayonnaise
1½ tsp. Asian hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
4 hamburger buns, toasted
Garnishes: pickled okra, sliced lengthwise, tomato slices, lettuce leaves
1. Prepare Burgers: Combine shrimp, 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise, and next 9 ingredients. Stir in ¾ cup
panko. Place remaining ¾ cup panko in a shallow dish. Shape shrimp mixture into 4 (3½-inch)
patties. Dredge patties in panko.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry patties in hot oil 3
minutes on each side or until golden brown and to desired degree of doneness, adding
remaining 2 Tbsp. oil as needed for even browning.
3. Stir together remaining ⅓ cup mayonnaise and hot chili sauce in a small bowl. Spread
mayonnaise mixture evenly on bottom of each bun. Place 1 shrimp patty on top of mayonnaise
mixture. Cover with top of bun.
Peas & Radish Salad
Hands-on: 15 min.
Total: 15 min.
1 lb. fresh green peas*
8 radishes, cut into half-moon-shaped slices
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. lemon zest
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook peas in boiling water to cover 1-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice
water to stop the cooking process; drain.
2. Combine peas and radishes in a medium bowl. Stir together olive oil and next 4 ingredients in
a small bowl; add to pea mixture, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
*You may substitute 1 lb. frozen green peas, thawed, for fresh peas, if desired.
Sun Drop Cocktail
Hands-on: 5 min.
Total: 5 min.
½ cup pink lemonade
¼ cup vodka
2 Tbsp. lemon-lime soft drink
Garnish: 1 lemon slice
1. Combine lemonade and vodka in a tall glass filled with ice, stirring gently to blend. Top with
lemon-lime soft drink.
NOTE: We tested with Sprite.
Citrus-flavored Sun Drop seems to be the official soft drink of Elkmont, Alabama, but it isn't
available everywhere. Replicate its unique taste with this refreshing beverage-with or without