1 pound of ground beef
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon of Worcester shire sauce
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup to 1 cup of dry bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons of butter
2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
2 Tablespoons of flour
2 cups of warm beef stock
1/4 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of yellow mustard
1) In a mixing bowl combine beef, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, and eggs. Mix together well with your hands.
2) Shape into 4 equal sized patties
3) Heat a skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes then add butter and oil.
4) Place meat patties in skillet and cook until brown on both sides for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5) Add sliced onions into the skillet, right on top of the browned bits.
6) Reduce the heat and cook the onions on medium heat until the onions turn translucent and brown. Cook slow until caramelized (about 20 minutes).
7) Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of flour over the onions. Stir, let cook and brown for about 2 minutes.
8) Add 2 cups of warm beef stock. Stir well
9) Place the meat patties back into the pan. Cover, reduce heat just a little and let simmer for about 15 minutes more. Serve warm and enjoy.