8 cups Water
4 boneless skinless Chicken thighs or breasts
3 cups diced Jamaican Pumpkin, or buttercup or butternut squash
2 Carrots, chopped (1-inch piece)
3 stalks Celery, chopped (1-inch pieces)
2 stalks scallions (green onion), diced
1 Chocho (chayote), peeled and diced
1 lb Yellow Yam, diced
1 small Onion, diced
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Chicken base
2 tbsp Seasoning salt
3 sprigs Thyme
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1 cup flour
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
Mix together to make stiff dough. Shape into spinners.
1. Bring water to a boil and add Jamaican Pumpkin, or buttercup or butternut squash, carrots, and celery.
2. Cook (rolling boil) for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is very soft and dissolving
3. Add chicken, yam and dumpling and cook for 20 minutes
4. Add onion, scallion, seasoning salt, black pepper, and thyme
5. Place whole scotch bonnet pepper on top of soup, cover and cook for 5 minutes
6. Turn off stove and serve.