Callie Blount from the Luv-Cooks blog made gluten free Salted Caramel Apple Almond Bars. (see recipe below) Here's a link to all the recipes Callie showed today - http://www.luv-cooks.com/salted-caramel-apple-almond-bars-my-fave-cookie-swap-recipes/ Follow Callie on her blog at www.luv-cooks.com and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/luvcooks/.
Salted Caramel Almond Bars
These no-bake, easy-to-assemble oat bars are packed with healthy ingredients, and the addition of salted caramel sauce adds a buttery, sweet richness just decadent enough for even the pickiest eater. A surprise hint of cardamom will leave your friends and family guessing the secret ingredient–and wanting another bar!
Yield: 9 bars
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup dried apple chips, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup store-bought salted caramel sauce
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips, caramel sea salt flavor
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted, seeded sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Flaky sea salt, for topping
What You Will Do:
- Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish and spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray.
- Use greased rubber spatula to stir all ingredients (except sea salt) together in large bowl. Once the mixture comes together, is easy to stir, and all ingredients are fully covered in caramel, it’s ready to spread. Top with flaky sea salt.
- Spread oat mix into greased dish. Spray hands with cooking spray and press mixture into pan until even. Cover and put in fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Cut into nine bars using a sharp-tipped knife and enjoy. Drizzle with even more caramel sauce and sea salt if you are feeling adventurous!
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…