Callie Blount from the Luv-Cooks blog made gluten free Salted Caramel Apple Almond Bars. (see recipe below) Here's a link to all the recipes Callie showed today - http://www.luv-cooks.com/salted-caramel-apple-almond-bars-my-fave-cookie-swap-recipes/ Follow Callie on her blog at www.luv-cooks.com and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/luvcooks/.
Salted Caramel Almond Bars
These no-bake, easy-to-assemble oat bars are packed with healthy ingredients, and the addition of salted caramel sauce adds a buttery, sweet richness just decadent enough for even the pickiest eater. A surprise hint of cardamom will leave your friends and family guessing the secret ingredient–and wanting another bar!
Yield: 9 bars
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup dried apple chips, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup store-bought salted caramel sauce
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips, caramel sea salt flavor
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted, seeded sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Flaky sea salt, for topping
What You Will Do:
- Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish and spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray.
- Use greased rubber spatula to stir all ingredients (except sea salt) together in large bowl. Once the mixture comes together, is easy to stir, and all ingredients are fully covered in caramel, it’s ready to spread. Top with flaky sea salt.
- Spread oat mix into greased dish. Spray hands with cooking spray and press mixture into pan until even. Cover and put in fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Cut into nine bars using a sharp-tipped knife and enjoy. Drizzle with even more caramel sauce and sea salt if you are feeling adventurous!