Callie Blount from www.luv-cooks.com made Slow Cooker Chicken Curry. (see recipe below) For more healthy and simple recipes, follow Callie on her blog www.luv-cooks.com , on her YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFMi3mGDBDqH0kMimT_8huQ and on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/luvcooks/ .
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry (Recipe from the incredible blog The Lemon Bowl)
What You Will Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into about 1/2 to 1 inch dice
- ½ cup coconut milk (I prefer regular, but you can use light here)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder (for those who like a spicier curry)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- cilantro (for garnish)
What You Will Do
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, chicken stock, tomato sauce, curry powder, salt and cayenne.
- Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas and sweet potatoes. Using tongs, gently toss ingredients together to ensure evenly coated.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours (I did high for four hours b/c I was getting hangry).
- Using two forks, shred cooked chicken (if it’s easier, go ahead and remove it from the cooker to shred). Stir in peas and lemon juice 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over brown rice and with plenty of fresh cilantro. (And hot sauce if you like it spicier!)