Carla DIllon from Apple Spice Catering made Corned Beef and Cabbage. (see recipe below) For more information on catering with Apple Spice, visit www.applespice.com, call (615) 873-1661 or email email@example.com.
Corned Beef (4 oz cooked per person)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place corned beef brisket in a pan. Cover the meat ¾ of the way with water and season meat on the top with spice packet that comes with the meat, or with dill seeds, allspice, cloves, mustard seed and salt. Place in oven.
- Cook time is approximately 3 hours.
- Remove meat from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove fat from top, slice diagonally into thin pieces.
Cabbage & Carrots (4 oz per person) – Butter, Salt & Pepper)
1. Measure out desired amount of carrots and put them in pot with water to boil. Let the carrots boil for approximately 5 minutes before adding the cabbage.
2. Cut the cabbage in half and remove the core from each half. Cut the heads lengthwise and then again width wise until they are in approximately 1” cubes. Add the cabbage to the carrots and boil until tender.
3. Drain the cabbage and carrots then add butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Boiled Potatoes (6oz per person) – Red Potatoes, Butter, Salt & Pepper
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then each piece in half again until you have 4 long pieces.
- Turn the 4 long pieces the other direction and cube the potato into bite size pieces.
- Boil the potatoes in the pot until they become tender. Do not overcook the or they will turn mushy!
- Drain the potatoes and add butter, salt and pepper to taste.
Use Spicy Mustard as a condiment.