Jim Hagy from Chef's Market made an Irish Cream Cake. (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details, visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. If you're interested in ordering food for curbside pickup, call (615)851-2433, then press 0 (zero) when the recorded message begins, which will take you to someone who can assist with placing a curbside pickup order. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Chef's Market Irish Cream Cake
For the Chocolate Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1 cup milk buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable canola oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup of Bailey’s Irish Cream
· Spray two 9" cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
· Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
· Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
· Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
· When cakes have cooled, split them in half.
· Using a pastry brush, brush bottom and 2 middle layers of cake with Bailey's Irish Cream. Spread Cream Cheese Icing (see below) between layers and a thin coat around the cake. Refrigerate until the icing sets. Spread the rest of the icing on the sides and top of the cake. Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the cake and let it drip down the edges of the cake.
Cream Cheese Icing
1 c softened butter
4 oz softened cream cheese
3 c powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
Whisk butter until light and fluffy.
Add cream cheese and continue whisking until fluffy. Add vanilla.
Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until blended and spreadable.
8 oz heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
16 oz chopped bittersweet chocolate
Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. In a large sided saucepan, heat whipping cream and butter over medium heat, stirring frequently until it just starts to boil. Keep a close eye on it as it will boil over pan in a matter of seconds. Pour warm cream and butter mixture over the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.