Alexis Hughes-Williams made Something Sweet Snickerdoodles. Something Sweet, LLC is a virtual and pop-up bakery. Order your favorite dessert by Something Sweet at https://www.somethingsweetllc.com/ . Part of the proceeds from everything sold at the bakery goes to scholarships, events and grants for the girls and "girls at heart" of Girl unKnown, Inc. For more information on the organization, go to https://www.girlunknown.org/ .
SOMETHING SWEET SNICKERDOODLES
PREHEAT OVEN to 350 Degrees while prepping ingredients
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg & 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon corn starch
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper (wax paper) and set it aside. (Note: Do NOT grease pan)
2. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar for topping together until thoroughly combined. Split 1/4 cup of mixture into another small bowl. Set both aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, salt and corn starch.
4. In the bowl of your mixer (using the paddle attachment) cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. This should take about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of your bowl down with a rubber spatula or spoon. Making sure to scrape the bottom and turn it over. Beat in egg and egg yolk and vanilla until thoroughly incorporated. Again, scrape down the bowl.
5. In two parts, slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix dough. Let dough rest 5 minutes.
6. Use cookie scoop to scoop out 1-inch balls of cookie dough. Using one of the topping bowls, roll balls of cookie dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated. Place coated dough balls on prepared cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Bake for 10-13 minutes (Depending on your oven) or just until the bottom edges are a nice golden brown.
7. The center of the cookie will be soft - allow cookies to rest on sheet for about 5 minutes. They will continue to bake on warm sheet and set the rest of the way. Remove onto wire rack to cool completely (or eat!) Store in an airtight container if there are any left!
The Something Sweet, LLC Family