Chef Romain Fournel joined the JW Marriott Nashville team in April 2018 as Executive Pastry Chef. As one of the culinary team leaders, Chef Romain oversees the development, creation and vision of the pastry division. He showed us a delicious dessert recipe for a sugar cookie with raspberry jam.
The JW Marriott and Stompin’ Ground Market are located on 8th Avenue South in Nashville.
Here is the recipe for the Valentine Dessert:
Butter 3/8 cup
Sugar 1/3 cup
Vanilla Extract 1/8 teaspoon
All Purposes Flour 1 ¼ cup
Baking powder 1 teaspoon
1. In a bowl cream sugar and room temperature butter.
2. Add eggs and the extract, mix well.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together then add to the mix.
4. Let it rest 30 mins in the fridge
5. Roll out the dough to 1/8 “
6. Using a round cookie cutter, Cut: 6pieces of 1.5”, 1piece 2” and 1 piece 2.5”.
7. Bake it at 350F/175C for 5 to 7 min, nice light brown cookie
Water 2 tablespoon
Fresh Raspberry 3.5oz
Sugar 1/3 cup
Pectine 1/8 teaspoon
Lemon Juice 1/8 teaspoon
1. In a saucepan, heat water, fresh raspberries and lemon juice.
2. Mix the sugar and the pectin together the add it to the mix
3. Give a boil.
4. Cool down in the cooler for 30 mins.
5. Mix the cold Jam with a spatula and fill up the pipping bag.
Vanilla Whip Cream
Cream 1 cup
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Vanilla ½ teaspoon
1. Whip all the ingredients together until you get a creamy consistency.
2. Fill up Piping Bag with Star Tip.