Elodie Habert from Cocorico Nashville made an authentic Sandwich au Poulet Français (French Chicken Sandwich). (see recipe below) Cocorico Nashville is one of the food vendors at French Fest, presented by Alliance Française de Nashville on Saturday, July 13, from 3:00pm to 8:00pm at Sevier Park in 12 South. The festival celebrates Bastille Day and all things French in Music City. Attendees can expect French-inspired live music, games, wines, and more. The festival is free, all ages, and dog-friendly. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, and lawn games! For details, visit www.https://afnashville.org/
Ingredients for the French Chicken Sandwich:
4 French baguettes
4 middle size chicken breasts (ideally from local Farmers in Tennessee)
2 whole tomatoes in slices
1 green leaf lettuce
4 table spoons of handmade mayonnaise*
2 table spoons of Herbes de Provence seasoning
Ingredients for the handmade mayonnaise:
1 Egg Yolk
1 Table Spoon of Dijon Mustard
1 Tea Spoon of Vinegar
6 Table Spoons of Oil (sunflower or olive oil)
- Prepare the handmade mayonnaise:
- Stir together the egg yolk, the salt and pepper, the Dijon mustard and the vinegar.
- Then, whip vigorously while you pour the oil. The mayonnaise should start to thicken.
- Let mayonnaise rest in the fridge for 15 minutes before using.
- Cover your chicken breasts with the Herbes de Provence seasoning then cook them in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil
- When they are cooked, let them rest for 15 min then slice them.
- Slice the bread in two and pour the mayonnaise first. Then add the tomato slices, the salad and the slices of chicken.
Hands-on time 15 min
Total time: 30 minutes