For the first time in over two decades, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" will not be the most played song during the holiday season.
Carey's holiday hit has been the most heard in retail stores during the Christmas season since it was released in November 1994.
Topping Carey for the first time was The Shins' cover of "Wonderful Christmastime," originally performed by Paul McCartney in 1979. Listen to it here if you haven't heard it before. It'll change your life. I swear.
The rankings come from Paste and PlayNetwork, a leading service that provides in-store music and entertainment to retailers.
PlayNetwork also notes that Kelly Clarkson's "Underneath the Tree" is the only original song on the Top 20 list released in the last few years. All other songs on the list are either classics or covers of classics.
Here's PlayNetwork's complete Top 20:
1. Shins "Wonderful Christmastime"
2. Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas Is You"
3. Christina Aguilera "Christmas Time"
4. Waitresses "Christmas Wrapping"
5. Jack Johnson "Someday At Christmas"
6. Kelly Clarkson "Underneath The Tree"
7. Michael Buble "A Holly Jolly Christmas"
8. Bing Crosby "White Christmas"
9. Train "What Christmas Means To Me"
10. Ella Fitzgerald "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
11. Coldplay "Christmas Lights"
12. Jose Feliciano "Feliz Navidad"
13. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings "White Christmas"
14. Vince Guaraldi Trio "Christmas Time Is Here"
15. Sam Smith "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
16. Pentatonix "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)"
17. Paul McCartney "Wonderful Christmastime"
18. She & Him "Baby, It's Cold Outside"
19. Elvis Presley "Blue Christmas"
20. Darlene Love "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"
Alex Hider is a writer for the E.W. Scripps National Desk. Follow him on Twitter @alexhider.