Metro Nashville Public Schools says one in four 7th graders will be turned away from school on Friday, unless their parents turn in an important form.
The district says 28 percent of 7th graders still haven't turned in their updated immunization forms.
MNPS said if those students don't provide those records by Thursday, August 16th, they'll be sent home when they get to school starting on Friday morning.
Those 7th graders need to have updated TDAP vaccinations, to protect from tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis.
The district said the shots can be obtained at the following locations:
- The Lentz Metro Public Health Department, 8:00am - 3:30pm Monday through Friday
- Cayce Helth Center, 617 South 8th St., 7:00am -4:00pm Monday through Friday
- Cleveland Park Medical & Dental Center, 1223 Dickerson Pike, 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Eastside Medical & Dental Center, 905 Main St., 8:00am -5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Napier Medical & Dental Center, 107 Charles E. Davis Blvd., 7:00 am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday
Appointments can be made by calling (615) 227-3000.
For more information on what immunizations are required for your student, click here.
Children with medical or religious exemption to the immunization requirements will need to have a different document to provide to MNPS. Details on that can be found here.