NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Tennessee's winter storm death toll has increased to a total of twelve.
The Tennessee Department of Health reported the deaths Monday from the following counties:
- Four fatalities in Shelby County
- Two fatalities in Sumner County
- One fatality in Maury County
- One fatality in Williamson County: 9-year-old boy dies after sledding accident in Brentwood
- One fatality in Dickson County: Farmer dies while trying to save calves from frozen pond in Dickson County
- One fatality in Overton County
- One fatality in Lawrence County
- One fatality in McNairy County
Even though the weather event is over, some Tennesseans are still without power.
As of Monday afternoon, about 2,000 customers were still without power statewide with the most outages being reported from Upper Cumberland Electric, which has less than 500 customers without power.
- 365 customers in Putnam County
- >100 customers in Overton and Jackson Counties
- A system-wide boil water notice for MGLW customers remains in effect due to pressure losses.
- MGLW continues to identify where leaks and broken water mains are located.
- Precautionary boil water notice in Adamsville and Scottsville.