News

Actions

4 Murfreesboro Residents Displaced After Kitchen Fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 2:36 PM, Aug 21, 2015
and last updated 2015-09-08 04:40:51-04

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Authorities said four people were displaced from their home after a kitchen fire.

The fire happened at a house in the 600 block of East Vine Street around 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

Crews found heavy smoke and flames. They originally thought the fire began due to a pot of grease on the stove. However, fire fighters said it appeared to have started in the refrigerator.

“The fire pattern shows that the fire definitely had something to do with the internal works of the refrigerator,” said Assistant Fire Marshal Michael Bartlett. “It is possible that the resident saw the fire close to the pan, causing her to believe the fire started on the stove.”

The kitchen sustained heavy damage, and the house had smoke damage throughout.

The American Red Cross was called in to offer assistance to those displaced. No injuries were reported.