COLUMBIA, Tenn. - A two-month, undercover drug investigation in and around Columbia and Mt. Pleasant led to multiple arrests.
The investigation was conducted by the Drug Investigation Division at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and several other law enforcement agencies from Maury County and Columbia.
That investigation revealed the purchase of controlled drugs in those areas. Several drugs were purchased, including heroin, crack cocaine, oxycodone, alprazolam, methamphetamine, and suboxone.
Officials were able to identify those involved in the sale of those drugs, and multiple arrests were made.
“It doesn’t matter what role you play in the drug trafficking business, big or small. Due to the current drug epidemic we face in the state of Tennessee, we are just as interested in taking the street-level dealers off the street as we are the suppliers, as we did today,” said Assistant Director T.J. Jordan of the Drug Investigation Division.
On Wednesday, multiple people were indicted on drug-related counts. The following six people were arrested Thursday and booked into the Maury County Jail:
- Waylon Wilcox, age 32, one count sale of schedule II controlled substance, bond: $50,000
- Matthew Johnson, age 40, two counts sale of schedule II, bond: $50,000
- Toni Smith, age 29, one count sale of schedule I controlled substance, bond: $75,000
- Casey Ramsey, age 29, one count sale of schedule IV controlled substance, bond: $10,000
- Kyle Lee Davis, age 19, two counts sale of schedule I controlled substance, bond: $75,000
- Courtney Lowery, age 43, one count of sale of schedule II controlled substance, bond: $30,000
Additional arrests were expected.