CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A 61-year-old woman died in an apartment fire in Clarksville on Needmore Road.
The apartment caught fire Wednesday afternoon around 2 o'clock. Clarksville Fire Department officials say firefighters pulled the woman from the smoke-filled apartment and began CPR, but she succumbed to her injuries and died at the scene.
Officials told NewsChannel 5 that although the sprinkler system extinguished the fire, smoke conditions were not survivable. Investigators believe the fire was started when due to the woman smoking in bed while using Oxygen.