News

Actions

Assisted living center evacuated due to fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 11:54 AM, Dec 05, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-05 12:54:13-05

The Brookdale Senior Living facility was evacuated when a fire broke out in one of its rooms.

It happened Tuesday evening at the retirement community on Walton Ferry Road.

The fire was started by a candle. An end table, chair and wall caught fire, prompting the evacuation.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the one room. No injuries were reported and the damage was minor.

A total of 122 people were forced to leave the building during the evacuation. All of them were residents.