NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Four people have been treated after feeling ill by a reported odor at a social security administration office in Nashville, the Nashville Fire Department (NFD) says.
Crews were first dispatched to the social security office on Cumberland Bend around 10:15 a.m. Thursday, when someone smelled the odor and called NFD.
The cause of the odor was determined to be hydrogen sulfide, also called sewer gas, the source of which was a dry plumbing trap.
Responders on the scene flushed out the trap in the bathroom with water. After flushing out the trap, the odor dissipated.