Chemicals cause house fire in Brentwood overnight

Posted at 7:23 AM, Sep 22, 2019
and last updated 2019-09-22 08:24:34-04

BRENTWOOD, Tenn. (WTVF) — Thrown away chemicals were the apparent reason for a house fire early Sunday morning.

The call for the fire first on Autumn Oaks Court went out just before 1 a.m.

The owner of the home had been renovating his house, and had rags with chemicals on them. He threw the rags away in a trash can in his garage.

Soon after, the blaze started in the trash can.

Spreading from the trash to the home, the flames burned the side of the house up to its roof.

No one was injured.