NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A Good Samaritan found a small child wandering around a Nashville convenience store parking lot after two people overdosed.
The incident was reported in early May at a Shell gas station on Murfreesboro Pike.
According to an affidavit from Metro Nashville police, officers were called to a store after a three-year-old child was found wandering around the parking lot, saying his mother was dead.
Not far away, officers spotted an unconscious man -- identified as 31-year-old Philip Adkins -- sitting outside his van. Inside the store, they found the child's mother unconscious next to the restrooms.
The child apparently thought she was dead.
Police said both adults had overdosed on heroin. Paramedics were able to revive them both.
The woman told police they stopped at the store so she could use the restroom.
Adkins was charged with child endangerment and booked on a $100,000 bond. The woman's name was not immediately known.