MADISON, Tenn. (WTVF) — Justin Edwards of Edwards Services says his company is willing to do the work to help Will Davis rebuild his home, but he’s calling on others to share in the holiday spirit.
Edwards first heard Davis’ story over the weekend and felt compelled to help out someone he says could use a Christmas miracle.
“Mr. Davis has three amazing kids. Three boys and he just wants to bring them back home. If we can in some way help make that dream come true for him and his children and give them something to feel safe and warm and comfortable in, then it was all worth it,” Edwards said.
After making the nearly two-hour drive from Manchester, Tennessee to Davis’ home in Madison, he realized the extent of the damage. Edwards had some manpower, but he says there were far more issues than he originally anticipated. That said, these are issues he says they can overcome with the community’s involvement.
Here’s a breakdown of what’s needed to rebuild the home in time for the holidays:
- Roofing company to either repair or replace the existing roof before they can do interior work.
- Electrician to give the electrical box a once over and make any necessary repairs or assistance with making sure the electrical system is safe.
- NES requires a substantial payment to return power to the home.
- Appliances (refrigerator, range, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave)
- Bathroom fixtures (shower/tub combo or a one-piece walk-in, vanity and sink top, toilet)
- Multiple interior doors need replacing as well as the front and side door on the outside of the home.
- Drywall on almost all of the ceilings need replacing, as well as the insulation in the ceiling.
- New paint and floor coverings throughout.
- Furniture and furnishings (new or used)
A local Home Depot out of Madison has agreed to offer some supplies. For all others, Edwards is hoping there are companies out there willing to take on the challenge. You can donate to the gofundme page.
You can also lend a hand by donating your time. Edwards says he can use all the labor he can get. He can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.