NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Metro Nashville Police officers arrested eight teenagers ranging from 14 to 17 years old in connection to a string of armed carjackings in Antioch Sunday and Monday.
Officers spotted a carjacked 2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV on Lyndon Parks Drive. They arrested two teens, 16 and 17, who were in the vicinity of the vehicle, according to a Metro Nashville press release.
Others had allegedly gotten out of the vehicle and escaped into an apartment in the Noah’s Landing complex on the 2500 block of Murfreesboro Pike. Officers issued a search warrant and found the six other teenagers inside without any adult supervision.
Police said they also found multiple key fobs to recently carjacked vehicles, a gun, and 29 grams of marijuana in a plastic bag. Several of the teens said that not only did they know about the pistol, but that they had also handled it.
Police released the following information about the vehicles that were stolen:
- 2015 Mercedes sedan, taken from Arbor Ridge Drive at 1:05 a.m. Sunday. The 49-year-old male victim reported that he was seated in his parked car talking on the phone when two young men armed with pistols approached. One pointed his gun at the victim’s head and told him to give up everything. They took the victim’s keys, briefly left, came back and stole the car.
- 2010 Nissan Sentra, taken from Coneflower Trail at 1:45 a.m. on Sunday. The 39-year-old male victim reported that moments after pulling into his driveway, he was confronted by three apparent juveniles armed with pistols. After one of the suspects put a gun to his head, the victim surrendered his car.
- 2016 Nissan Altima, taken from the 2600 block of Nolensville Pike at 2:15 a.m. Sunday. The 19-year-old female victim reported that she was parked on the street when a vehicle parked behind her. Four young men, at least two of them with guns, demanded her belongings. She got out of the car and the robbers fled in it.
- 2013 Toyota Avalon, taken from Dover Glen Drive at 10:40 p.m. Sunday. The 41-year-old male victim reported that as he parked his car in his driveway, a vehicle pulled in behind him. Three young men, all armed with pistols, got out and demanded his phone, wallet and car keys. The suspects fled in the Avalon.
- 2010 Chevrolet Traverse, taken from Highlander Drive at 12:15 a.m. on Monday. The 26-year-old male victim reported that eight young men, all with guns, approached him as he parked in front of his house. They demanded his car keys, pushed him to the ground, and fled in the SUV.
The MNPD Juvenile Crime Task Force charged each of the eight teens (one 17-year-old, five 16-year-olds, and two 14-year-olds) with five counts of auto theft, unlawful gun possession, alteration of a firearm serial number, and possession of marijuana for resale. South Precinct detectives are continuing to investigate them in regard to the carjackings/robberies.