News

Actions

Family and gifts spared in house fire in Chapmansboro

Posted: 1:06 PM, Dec 25, 2018
Updated: 2018-12-25 20:16:26Z
2 Injured In Fire On Tanglewood Drive

CHAPMANSBORO, Tenn. (WTVF) — A family has lost their home to a house fire on Sunday morning in Chapmansboro.

Pleasant View Volunteer Fire Department reported they arrived at the scene on Highway 12 at 10:53 a.m. Sunday. Ashland City Fire Department arrived shortly after.

Upon arrivals, firefighters saw that a camper parked at the back of the house was on fire. The back deck was also in flames. It was also clear that the fire had spread to the attic.

The family, 2 adults and 3 children are safe with no injuries. The family's Christmas gifts were saved along with the majority of their personal belongings.

The assistant fire chief said the house is a loss and will have to be torn down.