Actions

Frank The Pug Warns Family Of Fire

Posted: 10:11 PM, May 06, 2018
Updated: 2018-05-07 03:11:10Z

A pug may have saved a family from getting electrocuted and their home from burning.

As storms rolled in Sunday, so did the wind. A gust took down a tree branch that fell just feet away from where four kids were playing on Forrest Avenue.

However, what they didn't see was the live power lines lurking underneath.

The siding of the home was on fire, but several parents were making sure the neighborhood kids were okay.

Fortunately, Frank the pug saved the day by getting the attention of one of the moms. He kept barking until she saw the side of her home on fire.

"There was a branch that fell, and Frank warned the neighbors of the fire,” Andy Mumma said.

Read More: Strong Storms Bring Hail, Heavy Rain To Middle Tennessee

The dad who lives at the home said he's thankful they were able to get out safely.

”We had flames on the house, and so I was concerned at first because it's a 1900s house. A lot of paint. A lot of years, but it didn't catch fortunately,” said Ryan Petersen.

Officials with the Nashville Electric Service came to the scene to fix the downed wire and restore power. No one was injured during the incident.