NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The end of the year is a busy time for Goodwill, as the nonprofit organization prepares for a surge in donations.
According to Goodwill, a lot of families clean out their closets, attics and garages this time of year to make room for holiday gifts while other look for last-minute tax deductions from charitbale giving.
There are a few things you should know if you're considering donating to Goodwill:
- Please remove hangers from clothing.
- Hours vary by Donation Express Center location. Please only leave donations when an attendant is on duty.
- Goodwill cannot accept some items, such as household chemicals and older, tube-style televisions. A list of some other items that can and cannot be accepted are on Goodwill’s website.
- Goodwill’s donation receipt includes a 10 percent off coupon for Goodwill stores.
- You can track your donations at mygoodwilldonation.org.
Locations, hours and much more information can be found online at www.giveit2goodwill.org.