News

Actions

House Fire Caused By Overuse of Bug Bombs

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 10:34 PM, May 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-24 23:34:31-04

Crews battled a house fire in Bellevue apparently caused by an overuse of bug bombs.

The fire broke out at a home on Cotton Blossom Lane Tuesday afternoon.

When crews arrived, flames were visible through the roof, but they were able to quickly get them under control.

Fire officials said no one was hurt, and the American Red Cross helped the three adult residents of the house.

The fire was believed to have been caused by an overuse of bug bombs, which can be highly flammable.

Officials advised anyone using them to always make sure to follow directions on such pesticide devices or call a professional.