News

Actions

Investigators: Antioch apartment fire was accidental, started from discarded cigarette

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 11:24 AM, May 18, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-18 12:24:00-04

ANTIOCH, Tenn. (WTVF) — Investigators in the Nashville Fire Department say a fire that broke out at an Antioch apartment complex in early May was started from a discarded cigarette.

The fire broke out late May 7 at the Chimney Top Apartments off Cane Ridge Road. According to investigators, someone on a balcony of one of the apartments discarded a cigarette, accidentally sparking the fire.

The fire then spread to nearby units. The fire department said high wind gusts also contributed to the spread of the flames.