A serial armed robber has been arrested after an investigation into almost a dozen robberies.
Authorities said they took 54-year-old Leon Kilpatrick into custody Wednesday night in the 800 block of South 8th Court.
Authorities said he’s believed to have committed at least eight robberies. Officials added he’s also suspected in three attempted robberies.
All of the robberies happened since mid-May.
Detectives said they found wigs and clothing that linked Kilpatrick to the robberies inside his apartment Thursday.
Authorities confirmed 12 robbery arrest warrants were issued against Kilpatrick in the following cases:
- May 29, Shell, 601 Fesslers Lane (attempted) (warrant issued)
- May 24, Walmart, 7044 Charlotte Pike, at 5:45 p.m. (warrant issued)
- May 23, Dollar General, 1118 Dickerson Pike, at 9 p.m. (warrant issued)
- May 21, Family Dollar, 1000 Woodland Street, at 6:35 p.m. (warrant issued)
- May 18, Family Dollar, 2935 Nolensville Pike, at 7:10 p.m. (attempted) (warrant issued)
- May 18, Family Dollar, 836 Dickerson Pike, at 4:55 p.m. (warrant issued)
- May 16, Dollar Tree, 1109 Murfreesboro Pike, at 6:25 p.m. (warrant issued)
- May 16, Kroger, 2615 Franklin Road, at 8:45 a.m. (warrant issued)
- May 15, Dollar General, 2101 8th Avenue North, at 8:55 p.m. (warrant issued)
- May 15, Walmart, 2421 Powell Avenue, at 8:35 p.m. (attempted) (warrant issued)
- May 14, Walmart, 4040 Nolensville Pike, at 8:15 p.m. (2 warrants issued)
Officials said Kilpatrick has previously been convicted of second degree murder and robbery.
He was booked in jail in lieu of a $625,000 bond.