Two people were killed in a house fire in Clarksville, according to officials.
The fire happened at a home in the 400 block of Notgrass Road before 3 a.m. Saturday.
Officials confirmed both 84-year-old Leo Richardson and 77-year-old Patricia Richardson passed away inside the home from injuries sustained in the fire.
"They were wonderful neighbors. They were the ideal neighbors. Loving, caring, friendly, and helpful," said Nick Lundy.
According to Clarksville fire officials, the couple was sleeping when the smoke entered their bedroom. First responders were not able to revive them.
"They were so well loved and so well received in the community. They knew a lot of people and made such a difference in a lot of lives," said Lundy.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation came out to investigate, but Clarksville fire officials have deemed the fire accidental.
"The last fire death was last November, and we were trying to make it a whole calendar year without a fire-related death, but that's not going to happen now," said Deputy Fire Chief Ray Williams, of the Clarksville Fire Department.
The fire sparked in a converted garage, and it may have started from a multiple plug adapter without a surge protector. The home suffered extensive smoke damage.