7 Displaced After Fire Destroys Franklin Home

Posted at 5:38 PM, Nov 22, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-22 18:38:12-05

Authorities said they believe a heat lamp inside a dog house caused a fire that destroyed a home in Williamson County and displaced seven family members.

The fire happened just after 12:30 a.m. Sunday in the Riverview Park subdivision.

According to reports, the fire began outside of the home on Pebblecreek Road. The dog house where the heat lamp was located was under the deck at the back of the home.

Someone passing by saw the fire and alerted the family, so everyone inside was able to make it out safely before the fire spread.

Officials said high winds caused the flames to spread quickly. The home, valued at $256,000, was a total loss. 

Also destroyed in the fire were three vehicles, but no injuries were reported.

The dog has been reported missing. She was described as a grey Weimaraner, a short-haired dog with a cropped tail. She was also wearing a purple collar.

Authorities said the dog answers to the name “Boost.” 

Anyone who may have found her has been asked to contact the Franklin Fire Department at 615-791-3270.