Students at Bailey Middle School in East Nashville were allowed to return to class after a gas odor prompted a brief evacuation.
The incident was reported Tuesday afternoon at the school located on Greenwood Avenue, not far from Riverside Drive.
Officials with Metro Nashville Public Schools said this was the third time in recent months that students there have been evacuated due to a gas odor.
The first two instances were due to loose fittings in the kitchen, which were repaired. MNPS spokesman Joe Bass said students were evacuated Tuesday as a precaution after some complained of irritation.
Maintenance crews said the fumes may be a result of ongoing work on the floors. However, no actual leak was reported.