Two people have been facing a 16 count indictment after allegedly abusing two children.
According to investigators, 27-year-old April Love and 33-year-old Jeffrey Jarrett abused Love's two sons, who are six and three years old.
The boys' biological father discovered bruises on the two during a visit, and that's when a Metro investigation began.
The children disclosed they were beaten with paddles and given what they called "the water treatment."
They said water would be dumped on their heads for discipline, so much so that it would get into their noses and mouths.
The little boys have been placed in their father's care.
The following counts were listed in the indictment:
- 4 counts of Aggravated Child Abuse—Serious Bodily Injury
- 4 counts of Aggravated Child Abuse—Dangerous Instrumentality
- 2 counts of Aggravated Child Abuse—Torture
- 2 counts of Aggravated Child Neglect—Dangerous Instrumentality
- 2 counts of Aggravated Child Neglect—Torture
- 2 counts of Aggravated Child Neglect—Serious Bodily Injury
Love and Jarrett were placed behind bars, each on a $400,000 bond.