Elementary School Evacuated Due To Gas Odor

Posted at 9:41 AM, Jan 29, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-29 11:37:10-05

Students at East Robertson Elementary have been evacuated due to a gas odor.

Officials with the school system said the students were taken to East Robertson High School Friday morning after a nearby resident reported smelling what seemed like a gas odor.

Jim Bellis, Public Information Officer for Robertson County Schools, said he was notified of the incident around 8:15 a.m. Friday.

After an inspection, a faulty valve was found in the school’s boiler room.

Bellis said the leak was being repaired and was expected to be completed by noon.

Once repaired, the students were scheduled to go back to the school for a regular dismissal.

Authorities said Cross Plains Fire Department and the school’s maintenance staff were investigating.