News

Actions

House Damaged In Early Morning Cooking Fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 3:01 PM, May 22, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-22 17:23:37-04

A house was damaged in an early morning fire in Davidson County.

The fire happened around 2:51 a.m. Sunday in the 2400 block of Benay Road.

Authorities said the homeowner was away in Florida celebrating her birthday, while her son was watching the home.

According to reports, the son was cooking hot dogs when he fell asleep causing a cooking fire.

The fire started in the kitchen and spread to the hallway. Officials said the kitchen had fire damage, while the hallway had mostly smoke damage.

The house was around 50 percent damaged, and authorities said power to the home was shut off.

No injuries were reported. The son and a dog were staying with a family friend.

No further details were released.