Man Crashes Hummer, Breaks Into Homes

Posted at 2:36 PM, Mar 13, 2016

A man has been arrested after crashing his vehicle in Wilson County before breaking into one home and attempting to break into a second.

The incident began around 6:30 a.m. Sunday when the suspect, identified as 36-year-old Homero Quintanilla Navarro, crashed his Hummer into signs and a pole near a Victory Fuels gas station.

Officials said he then broke into a home before exiting through a window. Navarro then went to a second home and started pounding on the rear patio door.

"It was shaking the house," Colton Vickers, who lives in the home, said, adding that without thinking twice, his father grabbed a gun, and he grabbed a tomahawk hatchet before confronting the man. "He had blood all over him. He didn't have his shirt on."

Vickers said Navarro told the family he was being chased and needed to get inside. "It was just so intense, my adrenaline is still going," Vickers said hours later.

The family let Navarro inside but had him lie on the ground until police could arrive. At one point, Vickers said his father told Navarro that if he moved, he would shoot him. 

PHOTOS: Man Crashes Hummer, Breaks Into 2 Homes

When officials got to the home, Vickers said Navarro got up, walked toward the kitchen window, then used his head to bust through the window. He then jumped out before he was tasered and arrested by deputies.

Authorities said the suspect was likely on drugs.

Multiple officials were injured during the arrest. There was no word on their condition. According to Vickers, Navarro even bit one of the deputies. 

Navarro was taken to the hospital following his arrest due to multiple injuries. He has been charged with numerous offenses, including aggravated burglary, DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, evading arrest, assault on two officers, and other charges.



Those with the Wilson County Sheriff’s Office said they found drugs and a gun in Navarro’s car.

No injuries were reported from the homeowners or neighbors.

“This is a very serious incident,” Sheriff Robert Bryan said. “We continue to investigate, and will present our findings to the District Attorney’s Office. Meanwhile, we are grateful no one was seriously injured. Our officers conducted themselves in an extremely professional manner under the circumstances.”

No further details were available.