The Chattanooga Fire Department says a 24-year-old man has rescued four children from a burning home.
A statement from the agency says Johnny Robinson got his cousin's four children, ages 1 to 4, out of the home Monday morning before firefighters arrived. The statement says Robinson found the home ablaze after a crying infant woke him up and he set about getting the children out of the house.
Battalion Chief Lesley Morgan said the cause of the blaze appears to be accidental, though it isn't clear what sparked it. Robinson was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. The children didn't appear to be injured.
No working smoke detectors were found in the home.
Firefighters said the children's parents were at work when the fire occurred.