An overnight fire left a family in Franklin without a place to live.
Firefighters were recovering Saturday morning after being injured while rescuing family members from that home. Authorities said those firefighters were expected to be okay. Several were treated for mild smoke inhalation, and another firefighter suffered minor burns.
The blaze broke out just after midnight early Saturday morning in the 9500 block of Highway 96 in Franklin.
A family of three was inside the house when it went up in flames.
Officials responded to the fire as a code red because the call came in as someone trapped inside the house.
Fire officials said the residents ran back inside the house to try and rescue their pets, which is highly discouraged.
Firefighters were able to get the family out, but sadly all of their pets died, including their pet monkeys.
Authorities said it took them about 13 minutes to get there because there were no nearby fire halls, and the closest fire hydrant was a quarter mile away.
Once they arrived on scene, the home was fully engulfed in flames.
No further details were available.