A resident and firefighter were sent to an area hospital with minor injuries after a blaze broke out at a south Nashville apartment complex.
The incident was reported shortly before 11 p.m. Wednesday at the Hampton Chase Apartments on Borowood Drive.
Authorities said the cause was likely food cooking on the stove. A resident was allegedly cooking and headed outside to see about a disturbance. When the resident returned, the apartment was on fire.
Officials with the Nashville Fire Department said four units were fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived at the scene.
— Kimberly Davis (@NC5_KDavis) March 17, 2016
Investigators said the blaze likely spread from the breezeway into the attic.
A firefighter was transported with burns on his neck, while a resident was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Several families have been displaced as a result of the blaze and were living in their cars.