OWNESBORO, Ky. (WTVF) — A Owensboro, Kentucky man was arrested for allegedly trying to kill a police officer.
Warren County Sheriff's officials say they tried to stop 30-year-old Levi Lyons, but instead he drove off.
Deputies eventually ended their chase, but a Fish and Wildlife Officer saw him and began chasing him again. State Police Troopers took the lead as the chase crossed into Ohio County.
Officials say Lyons hit two trooper's vehicles with his truck. They eventually did a pit maneuver, causing him to spin out.
He's also charged with assault of an officer, DUI and several others. All charges are listed below:
- Murder - Police Officer (Attempt)
- Assault, 2nd Degree - Police Officer
- DUI (Aggravated Circumstance) 1st Offense
- Wanton Endangerment, 1st Degree - Police Officer
- Criminal Mischief, 1st Degree
- Operating on a Suspended Operators License
- Possession of Open Alcohol Container in a Motor Vehicle
- Failure to or Improper Signal
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)