Friday’s Mega Millions lottery drawing is estimated to be a whopping $970 million, making it the largest jackpot in the game's history and the second largest in the US lottery jackpot history.
The Mega Millions jackpot ballooned to a record high $970 million overnight. Friday's Mega Millions along with Wednesday's Powerball jackpot, which stands at $345 million, are worth more than a billion dollars.
The Tennessee Lottery said ticket sales in July, August and September were the second highest they've ever been.
If a Tennessean wins the $970 million jackpot, here's what he or she could do with the winnings:
- You could buy this $18 million home near Percy Warner Park or this island off the Florida Keys for $95 million.
- Love the Nashville Predators? According to Forbes, the team is worth $380 million (so you'd still have some money left over).
- For $1 million, you could book a private concert with Bruce Springsteen or Taylor Swift.
- You and a friend could cruise around the world in the owner's suite of a Viking Cruise for $300,000.
- You could treat everyone in Middle Tennessee to a hot chicken sandwich combo from Hattie B's for only $17 million.
- You could enjoy every Titans game next season in a suite for only $20,000.
- You can buy this yacht for $80 million or this private jet for $15 million.
The average American spends about $223 per-year on lottery tickets. In Tennessee, the same survey found people spend an average $226.42 on the lottery.
If the winner chooses the annuity option, the jackpot would be paid out over 29 years.