NewsNational News


E-cigarette explodes in man's pocket, sends him to hospital

Posted at 3:15 PM, Feb 24, 2016
Shocking video footage out of Kentucky shows an e-cigarette exploding in a man’s pocket, an incident which sent him to the hospital with serious burns.
Josh Hamilton's pants are seen suddenly bursting into flames at Shell gas station in Owensboro, sending employees into panic.
"I was shocked. I asked, 'You have a bomb in your pocket?' because I couldn't believe it," Manoj Kumar, an employee at the gas station, local news outlet WFIE.
After the fire ignites, Hamilton dashes outside where he struggles to remove his burning pants and another employee eventually extinguishes the fire.
He was transported to an area hospital where he was reportedly treated for second-degree burns.