NewsNewsChannel 5 Investigates


Brides Say Photographer Took Money, But Didn't Show For Ceremony

Brides Say Photographer Took Money, But Didn't Show For Ceremony
Posted at 6:24 PM, Nov 09, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-09 19:25:29-05

After NewsChannel 5 Investigates exposed how a Rutherford County wedding photographer was disappointing brides, she promised to make things better. Yet, both brides have said it's only gotten worse. 

"Did you think she was going to show?" NewsChannel 5 Investigates asked newly-married Grace Pogue Tant. 

She sighed and then replied, "You know, I'd hoped she would show."

Tant said she knew when she got married last month, the odds were good that her wedding photographer would not be there. 

Tant had already paid Nichole Grissom of Belle McKay Photography in Murfreesboro $550 to shoot her wedding when NewsChannel 5 Investigates first exposed how Grissom had failed to deliver pictures to brides and failed to show up at weddings. 

"She promised you she'd be at your wedding?" NewsChannel 5 Investigates asked Tant. 

"Yes," she answered. 

Tant said after hearing of other brides' problems, she repeatedly confirmed with Grissom that she'd be shooting her ceremony and even added language to their contract, hoping that would ensure Grissom would be there on her big day.  

"And what happened?" we asked.

"She never showed up," Tant said. 

The same weekend as Tant's wedding, Janice Estes' daughter, Amanda, got married. Estes had also hired Grissom. 

Estes recalled one of many conversations she said she had with Grissom.

"Are you going to be there? Yes, ma'am, I'll be there."

And Estes said she asked yet again right before the wedding. 

"On Friday before the wedding on Sunday. I said it is at Henry Horton State Park. And she answered that text back. So she got that text," Estes described. 

But shortly before the wedding was supposed to start, Grissom still wasn't there. 

"She texted me and said, 'I'm lost. I can't find you.'" 

Texts show Grissom claimed to be at the wrong location, not at Henry Horton State Park, but nearly an hour away at Long Hunter State Park. 

"And I don't think for one minute that she was at Long Hunter State Park. I really don't," Estes remarked.

"Why?" NewsChannel 5 Investigates asked.

"Well, she's done it to so many brides," she stated. 

Grissom had agreed to do an interview here at the station to explain what had happened, ut she never showed up. She later sent us an email insisting she didn't go to the weddings because she'd been fired. 

"I did not fire her. She was not there," Estes fired back. 

Both women have texts showing they were expecting Grissom at their weddings. And both said the only photos they have are those from friends. 

"She got her money but we got absolutely nothing. We have no pictures from her," Estes added.

They say she contacted them out of the blue several weeks ago to apologize and promised refunds. But so far, they've received nothing. 

"She's all talk. She's not going to do anything about it. If she was, she would have done it by now. And she wouldn't keep doing it to new brides," Tant said. 

This case caught the attention of police. Murfreesboro fraud detectives confirm they've opened an investigation and would like to talk to anyone who may be a victim. They can be reached at 615-893-2717.