NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Better Business Bureau has come out with its latest list of businesses they said you should avoid.
The BBB called these "Misleading Advertising, Products and Services that Middle Tennessee Can Do Without."
The BBB said they have gotten numerous complaints about them and these companies have done little or nothing to fix the problems.
Here's who made the list released Thursday:
- SCC, LLC aka State Compliance Center 718 Thompson Ln Ste 108 - 130 PMB, Nashville TN 37204 www.sccpayments.com
The BBB said S-C-C, LLC also known as the State Compliance Center sends notices to businesses that are designed to look like official non-compliance letters from the state of Tennessee. Companies that receive them are led to believe they have to send SCC a fee for services that often are not needed.
- Extensive Travel Solutions 2218 Northpark Dr STE 206, Kingwood TX 77339 www.extensivetravelsolutions.com
The BBB said Extensive Travel Solutions out of Kingwood, Texas has called folks in this area selling timeshares using high pressure, misleading sales tactics.
- Southern Extreme Powersports 433 Sam Ridley Pkwy W, Smyrna, TN 37167 www.southernextremepowersports.com
Customers said they ordered products from Southern Extreme Powersports, but the company failed to ship their items when they were supposed to or failed to ship everything that was ordered.
- Hunter's Lodge, Inc. P.O. Box 203, Ethridge, TN 38456 www.hunterslodge.com
Hunter's Lodge made the BBB's list after gun collectors complained that they ordered guns from this company after seeing their ads or website, but what they received was not what was advertised or promised.
- Promote U 1830 Donelson Pkwy, Dover, TN 37058
The BBB said it's gotten many complaints from businesses in Clarksville, Joelton and Madison about Promote U. Businesses say Promote U sold them marketing products, like signs or hats, but the products were not delivered on time nor were they as promised.
- Nashville Airport Inn and Suites 2425 Atruim Way, Nashville, TN 37210 www.nashvilleairportinnandsuites.com
The Nashville Airport Inn and Suites made the list because the BBB reports numerous guests complained that rooms were dirty, had mold and a bad smell and managers failed to address the problems.
- 24 Hours Locksmiths 5543 Edmondson Pike Ste 28, Nashville, TN 37211 www.24hours-locksmiths.com
And the BBB said 24 Hour Locksmiths has repeatedly taken advantage of consumers who have been locked of their homes or cars by charging for services not needed and using scare tactics. And while this company lists a Nashville address, it is not their office and calls made to this company go to either an out-of-state or out-of-country call center.
All of these businesses, according to the BBB, received a D minus or F when it comes to customer service.